CompTIA, the leading provider of independent vendor skills certifications for information technology (IT) professionals around the world, today launched a major expansion of its credentialing program with the introduction of CompTIA stackable certifications.
More than 145,000 IT professionals who have obtained more than one CompTIA certification have been notified today that they obtained a stackable Certification from CompTIA, recognizing their deep experience and strong commitment to ongoing professional development and growth.
"Technology professionals who have earned CompTIA Stackable Certifications have done so by passing rigorous industry-developed exams to validate the technical and business skills that have the greatest demand in today's economy," said Todd Thibodeaux, president and CEO of CompTIA.
CompTIA's stackable certifications are aligned in two ways that serve as the foundation for any IT career: infrastructure and cybersecurity.
"More than any other certifying agency, CompTIA makes extensive use of performance-based questions and simulations on its exams," said James Stanger, CompTIA's chief technology evangelist. "These simulations accurately reflect the real-world scenarios that IT professionals face, which requires examiners to demonstrate networking skills, cybersecurity and other areas under the pressure of a timed test."
IT professionals certified by CompTIA are eligible for a variety of stackable certifications. For example:
- CompTIA A + and CompTIA Network + = CompTIA IT Operations Specialist
- CompTIA A + and CompTIA Linux + = Specialist in CompTIA systems support
- CompTIA Network + and CompTIA Server + = CompTIA Network Infrastructure Professional
- CompTIA Network + and CompTIA Cloud + = CompTIA Cloud Administration Professional
- CompTIA A +, CompTIA Network + and CompTIA Security + = CompTIA Secure Infrastructure Associate
- CompTIA Security + and CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst = CompTIA Security Analytics Specialist
- CompTIA Security +, CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst and CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner = CompTIA Security Analytics Expert
CompTIA stackable certifications require active CE certifications. Holders of "good quality of life" certifications can obtain stacking certifications by re-certifying and validating that their skills are up to date. The complete list of CompTIA's stackable certifications and eligibility requirements are available at http://certification.comptia.org/certifications/which-certification/stackable-certifications. Certification holders can log into their CompTIA certification account to review the status of their credentials.
CompTIA is the global leader in technical certifications of independent vendors for IT professionals in skills ranging from IT support and networking, to cybersecurity and cloud computing. CompTIA has awarded more than two million certifications to technology professionals around the world. Operating in more than 100 countries, CompTIA works closely with its 3,000 academic, training and content partners to ensure that students and professionals have the tools they need to enter and excel in the technology workforce.